Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Riata

Indian doesn't get eaten in our house unless accompanied by a big, overflowing bowl of riata - mostly because I have a habit of making things too spicy, but also because I think it's just delicious!  I always make a whole load the stuff because, if it doesn't get eaten at dinner, it makes a great dip the next day with any left over poppadoms.



Riata

Ingredients:

1 tub of soy yogurt (I use Sojade 400g tubs)
½ large tomato, chopped finely
¼ small cucumber, chopped finely
2 spring onions, chopped finely
2-3 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs cumin seeds, roasted
¼ tsp cumin powder (or more if you are a big cumin fan like me)
1 tsp of salt (or to taste)
Handful coriander, chopped finely

Method:

Toast the cumin seeds until fragrant, finely chop all the vege and then whack it all together and refrigerate - it's that easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment